Friday, January 8, 2010

Where is the best place to start for a beginner on programming on computers? Note I'm only 13?

I know what i want to do when i am older and i just want to do IT. Does anyone have an idea on where i could start, what websites or information i could look at to help and also if there was and courses in the UK i could go on to help me better my knowledge. just to let you know i am only 13 so i cant get a job yet.Where is the best place to start for a beginner on programming on computers? Note I'm only 13?
The key is writing and writing and writing programs.





I would recommend the C language for the first time. It is not a too ';friendly';, thats why it is good for starting. It let's you understand the basic problematics of data management and algorythms.


http://www.physics.drexel.edu/students/courses/Comp_Phys/General/C_basics/





After that you have understood these things (some years later) I recommend to try an object-oriented language. It let's you to use concepts that are more familiar with the real world. I don't recommend an OO language for start, but for serious purposes it is almost certain that you will use an OO language. I recommend C++ (which is evolved from C).


http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/





I recommend CodeBlocks development environment for your self-made tutorial programs: http://www.codeblocks.org/





It is good for both C and C++.





Note: Search for people who can give you exercises if you out of ideas about what to write.Where is the best place to start for a beginner on programming on computers? Note I'm only 13?
Make the best possible grades in all your subjects now, and then when you want to attend college, you'll be accepted, and it's in college (or a private vo-tech school) that you'll receive the REAL education you need. Unfortunately, if you don't make high grades NOW, they won't accept you in their college later.





But focus your energy on classes that require logical thinking, such as math (algebra, geometry, calculus, etc), and you MIGHT use them, but even if you don't, it will sharpen your brains.





I wish you the very best luck in your endeavors, but remember one thing: Learning a computer language does NOT make you a programmer any more than learning some math makes you a certified public accountant or bookkeeper.





Math is the TOOL for bookkeeping, and programming languages are just TOOLS for programming.





Good luck, and happy programming :-)
Well I'm 14 and I do intermediate/advanced HTML, CSS, and PHP coding/programming.





I find you must first choose what you want to do...





- Website programming


- Software programming (including games)


- Firmware programming (for hardware)





After you choose I can help you.

1 comment: