Sunday, December 27, 2009

Getting my current programming in High Definition on my HDTV?

I'm planning on buying an LCD HDTV, and I wanted to know if it's possible to have the programming I have now in HD. I have DirecTV satellite service right now, and I know that they offer HD channels for an extra monthly fee, but if I buy an HDTV now will the programming be in HD out of the box (might have to tweak some settings), or do I have to buy extra equipment and/or extra services (component cables, etc.)?Getting my current programming in High Definition on my HDTV?
You will need to ask DirectTV to upgrade you to an HD set-top box.


You will need to buy either component (R/G/B) or an HDMI (preferred) cable to connect the two together.Getting my current programming in High Definition on my HDTV?
I would up-grade to the HD satellite box. They usually advertise free hook up, so I would ask them to connect the new box to the TV you have ALREADY bought. I checked out every make of LCD HDTV on the market, and the best looking was Sony 42'; LCD HDTV Grand Wega. It has an interface engine( Wega) to give you good resolution in digital %26amp; HD. Just a thought. Good luck. Hope I helped.
Hi, i work for DirecTV.


in order to recieve your programing in true, High defenition, you will need the following:


a High defenition TV, High Defenition Reciever, High Def capable Satallite dish, cables for transmitting a high def signal (either component: red blue green, or HDMI) and a High defenition package on your Directv service.


while most of your programs will appear clearer purely because of the TV you are using, it will not be true high defenition unless it is on a High defenition channel, broadcasting a high def show, with all of the required components connected and working properly.


Hope i've answered all your questions, for further assistance, check out directv.com or 1800Directv

No comments:

Post a Comment