Thursday, December 24, 2009

Programming question- Can Someone Explain to me how Chatrooms work?

Hi I'm a 1 year C++/C user and I'm pretty much in the beginner category for a programmer. Although I'm curious, is it possible to create a 1 on 1 chat with someone through the command line? (is there a tutorial on how to network using C++?)





This would be great to put into my text based game =DProgramming question- Can Someone Explain to me how Chatrooms work?
I can tell you yes it is possible, but no you cant do it, not with only ';Beginner level'; programming language knowledge. this requires advanced functions such as socket controls amoung other things, but if you still want to do it MSDN library has materials for it.. Read this too:


http://www.dreamincode.net/forums/showto鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment