Thursday, December 24, 2009

If I plug component cables from my cable box to my HDTV, do I really get programming in 1080i?

I justed upgraded to the HD-capable box from Buckeye Cable. I was expecting a big difference in quality on the HD stations, but it seems like I might only be getting 480p.If I plug component cables from my cable box to my HDTV, do I really get programming in 1080i?
You should call your cable company to make sure that they are indeed sending you HDTV signals. The output of your cable box will be either 1080i or 720p; you may not be able to conrol it because your cable box may be working only in ';pass through'; mode. The output format is whatever the original source is. Therefore if you are watching CBS or NBC, it outputs 1080i and if you are watching ABC or FOX, the output will be 720p The TV should accept either one and convert it to its ';native'; format (which you say is 1080i--this implies you have a CRT type set). You may have to subscribe to HD service as an extra from your cable company to get programs in HD, even if you have a digital cable box.If I plug component cables from my cable box to my HDTV, do I really get programming in 1080i?
NO YOU WONT.... if you have a digital box the most you will get is the digitalm signal..you need to have a HD converter box or havea hdtv with the converter built in. you need to use an hdmi cable for the best possible picture then you need to subcribe to the cable companies hd service so much for just plug and play..but it is whorth it the picture is awsome
Really depends on your TV. If you are driving it with the component video cables that this usually takes, you probably have to switch to an alternate input to view it.





If your TV is not capable of displaying 720 or 1080 it is a waste of time.
It depends on your TV and its settings. What is the capability of your TV? Do you have a 1080i? If so, you can adjust the settings on your television. If not, you should at least be able to adjust to 720p.

No comments:

Post a Comment