Sunday, December 27, 2009

Where Do I Start In Game Programming?

I Want to start making my own games. Beginner. I have heard I can download VB, C++, C#, or java, but I don't know which one of those to do first. I don't want to download and learn the wrong language. I'm wondering if there is one program I can use that is just for game programming, And will teach me which language I need to learn first. The games I were Thinking Of starting out making would be pong, etc, then work my way up to RPG games. Not 3d right away, but maybe in the future when i have the basics down path. I don't really have any money to buy programs right now, (financial problems) but any information would be greatly appreciate it. Thanks A lot.Where Do I Start In Game Programming?
VB would be by far the easiest to make a game out of. You're not going to make anything real spectacular from it but you can do some tricks to do stuff beyond simple Pong- style games. And let's face it... you're not going to make the next Quake by yourself in your spare time no matter what language you use!





Unfortunately, VB does cost money so I'd try a class like someone else said. A great side benefit to taking a class and programming your own VB game is that you can put ';I know VB'; on your resume someday, which will make finding a job that much easier!Where Do I Start In Game Programming?
VB express doesn't cost money. Not sure why it is free but I am sure that you could use it as a starter. I myself have VB 6.0, that my brother pirated..I mean bought..for me. ; ) Good luck!





Free VB Express 2005:


http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/downloads/default.aspx Report Abuse

Take a class? look in the ads near you in your newspaper, see if any1 is selling a small class on how to do that. that may be one of the inexpensive ways to get started. or oyu could buy the expensive software and screw around for a while until you think you understand it and hope you dont mess up.
well you can try looking up game programming on google you will hopefully find something to engage for free or try imvu.com and buy a name and you can start to making 3D stuff for the game
if you're not even familiar with programming, start working on basic first. i think there is also a free game maker, i think you can find it somewhere on microsoft

No comments:

Post a Comment